Thursday, July 16, 2009

RIP Wolfgang


My sweet kitty of 15 years, Wolfgang, passed away today.

He was suffering from kidney failure. He went downhill so fast and was in obvious discomfort. Letting him go was such a difficult decision for me, but I knew that it would be selfish of me to expect him to stick around just to keep me from being sad.

His last hour at home was spent curled up with me in the sunshine. My other cat (Boris), who had been picking on Wolfgang during his illness, came over and started washing Wolfie's face. Then he rested his head on Wolfgang's shoulder for a few minutes. He was saying his good byes.

After that I drove him to the vet, where he was sent on his way to the Rainbow Bridge.

The tears will not stop falling. I know that it was the right decision, but that doesn't stop it from hurting.

RIP Wolfgang. Thank you for the 15 years of unconditional love. Mommy misses you.

No comments: